iSQL-Viewer is an open-source JDBC 2/3 compliant database front end written in Java. It implements across multiple platforms features of the JDBC API. It does everything through a single interface.
iSQL-Viewer works with most database platforms, including PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, and Informix. iSQL-Viewer provides a variety of tools and features to carry out common database tasks. It includes:
- A friendly SQL console for executing SQL statements
- Database and schema viewing and browsing
- Compatible with major database vendors
- SQL Bookmarks to store SQL commands you commonly use
- SQL History to see and retrieve SQL commans previously executed
- Enhanced user interface support across platforms
iSQL-Viewer is designed to meet the needs of JDBC Driver developers and database developers who work in single or multi-platform environments.